Beetroot Chocolate Cake
How to make a chocolate cake healthier?
By default, chocolate cake is by far the favorite dessert cake for the most. I have never hear anyone say “NO” to a chocolate cake. It’s that awesome.
By adding a root veggie, most desserts turn out to be good. Beetroot is one of them and provides natural sweetness to the cake.
FUN FACT – Beet juice can be used as a natural hair dye.
HEALTH BENEFITS – many nutrients in few calories, balanced blood pressure, improves athletic performance, fights inflammation, improves digestive health and many more goodness.
* You could certainly use all purpose flour, self-raising flour as well.
*You could also melt the chocolate instead of adding it as chunks.
*Instead of brown sugar, you could use caster sugar, molasses or any other sweetener.
- Beetroot – 1 medium sized (175g)
- Dark Chocolate – 100g
- Cocoa powder – 100g
- Baking powder – 1tsp
- Brown Sugar – 250g
- Vanilla extract – 2tsp
- Wheat flour – 200g
- oil – 200ml
- Eggs – 2
- Salt – a pinch
- 1. Peel and boil the beetroot until soft. Cool it to room temperature.
- 2. Cut it into chunks and puree it to a soft texture.
- 3. Pre-heat the oven to 170C or 350F and grease a cake tin.
- 4. In a standard mixer, mix in the beet puree, wheat flour, brown sugar, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla extract, eggs, baking powder.
- 5. Then pour in the oil gently and mix it along.
- 6. Add in the roughly chopped dark chocolate into the mixture and give it a gentle mix.
- 7. Pour the mixture in the greased cake tin and bake it for about an hour. Once baked check it with a skewer in the center if the cake is baked through.
- 8. Cool it in a cooling rack and pour some chocolate ganache on it (optional)
© 2023 Copyright © PavithraS. All Rights Reserved.