Sprouted green-gram Salad
I love my salads. I always make sure to eat my salad first, before a meal or as a snack and fill up my tummy. That ways I don’t have to eat junk or a heavy meal. I am one of those persons wherein I eat less and get a big tummy. damn!
So salad is the answer for a “not so big tummy”. Not sure if this trick works for everyone though!
FUNFACT – In Hong Kong, china and Taiwan, this mung bean is made a paste and used as a ice cream, frozen ice pop and Chinese mooncakes.
HEALTH BENEFITS – Foe all the vegans, vegetarians and plant based eaters, this mung bean is a protein superhero, lowers blood pressure, combats inflammation, manages type 2 diabetes, combats obesity, lowers bad blood cholesterol.
* You could choose not to sprout and use it right away after the soaking procedure.
* Instead of soaking mung beans overnight, you could soak it for about 2-3 hours with hot water in a airtight container and it does the same trick.
- Green-gram – 1cup
- Grated carrot – 1/2 cup
- Diced Onion – 1/2 cup
- Cucumber – 1/2 CUP
- Chilli – 1
- Chopped coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
- Lime – 1
- 1. Wash and soak the mung bean over night.
- 2. Next day, drain the water and wrap it up a muslin cloth and refrigerate it for about 5hrs. You will notice the sprouts growing.
- 3. Add the sprouted mung beans in a mixing bowl, along with grated carrot, diced cukes, diced onion, finely chopped chili, coriander leaves, salt and squeeze in 1 lime and give it a good mix.
- 4. This super easy salad is ready to be served.
© 2023 Copyright © PavithraS. All Rights Reserved.